Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year......

Can you believe it is December 1????? I am always amazed as to how quickly the years seem to go by...but I know full well that they always go at the same pace. Obviously, as I get older, time seems to slip by a bit quicker.....hummmm

We started decorating at my office today. It's always nice to see the holiday decorations go up. We don't do alot, a few green swags over the various stations at the main desk..a few holiday knick knacks and we call it good. I work for a Dr office, so we have to be a bit "conservative".

I went shopping Black Friday and got some fabulous deals....can't say right now, but believe me, you would be impressed. I have to admit, I love the internet. I am able to shop after work without having to leave my house. Yes, I am a bit lazy from time to time.

I am doing a craft show on Saturday for a friend of mine's sons school. DH and I had to go through our tubs of "crap" to find my show tubs. Then I had to make sure that the items in the tubs were ok to sell. No knitting in my booth this week. I don't have enough to sell. Maybe after the holidays I can start to "stock" some knitted stuff for a future show....

This is my most favorite time of year. I absolutely love the holidays. I always try to do a random act of kindness on a daily basis, but during the holidays, I try to do it more often...It always amazes me how crabby people are at this time of year. Don't they realize how wonderful this time of year is??? Religion aside, it is a great time of year...the wonder of the children as to what Santa is going to bring them...the glow and awe of them as they climb into Santas' lap at the mall or wherever, and recite they list of wants and desires. If you explore the religious aspects of this time of year there are so many more reasons to be delighted. Whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or any other religion, there is a belief this time of year. We should all embrace our own beliefs and expand on them. I personally believe that it is truly better to give than to receive. I love to shop, make and give things to my friends and strangers just to see the wonderment in their faces.

Please practice the thought of treating others as you would want to be treated...especially at this time of the year. We all need some kindness and thoughtfulness. Let's show our families and friends how wonderful we all are. Take some time to realize just how wonderful this special time of year is.....I love you all..... :)

Hugs,
Debi :)

No comments: