Monday, June 20, 2011

Six months later....


Hello all,

I begin this as I always do, saying that I am sorry for not keeping this totally updated at all times. I used to be a dedicated blogger but alas, this too has changed. I have decided that somehow I didn't always have time for this. Truth be told, it only takes about 10 minutes out of my busy schedule, so you would think that i could get this in....that's what you get for thinking... :)

Well, my granddaughter is now 6 months old....she is the love of my life and I can't help but spoil her rotten...much to the dismay of her parents. As you can see, she is trying to enjoy her first clementine...

Two more children have graduated from high school...I am left with our youngest...she turned 16 in Feb and is going on 18. She will be a Jr. this year. The two that graduated will be going on to school in the fall: She will be going to Mary Washington College and He will be going to Old Dominion University. Whoooo hooooo I am one proud mamma!! :)

One of the major downfalls of living with the miltary, is that from time to time, friends much move away and it is never easy, no matter how often you go through it. One of our closest friends are leaving tomorrow for Maine. They are both from there and are definitely looking forward to going home. I know that they are going to be happy, but it is still hard to say so long. :(.

That's about all for now. Things keep moving along whether or not we are ready for it. We can either jump on and go for the ride or we can fight it. I for one, am going to do my best to keep my balance and go along for the ride.

Until next time....

Debi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you, Sam and your great kids! I know they will all be successful and that you and Sam will enjoy watching each of them grow and move on to adulthood. Take care of that beautiful grandbaby! We will see you on our return trips and your trips to Maine! Thank you for being supportive and terrific friends:) love you all....Michelle and Bion