Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving on...

We have started packing and cleaning in anticipation for the big move. We have only 26 days left in California!! Can't believe it!! Where has the time gone?? I have had some wonderful experiences here in California.

I must say that when they say California is different, they really mean it. Not just the weather but the whole mind set of the people here. I have never seen so many Mercedes, BMW's, Audi's, Lexus' in my life than here. Even back in Connecticut there weren't that many high end cars on the roads. Even the kids going to school drive the high end cars. Whew,...

There is probably a Vet hospital on every other corner or block. I have never seen so many in one place. In the town that I live in, there are at least 6...wow, these are some of the best taken care of animals I have seen.

Allergies are very much present here in Sonoma county. My allergies have been haywire since were got here. I am hopeful that back in Virginia, they won't be as prevalent.

I have seen some great things. A while back, a friend and I went to San Francisco for the day. It was wonderful. We rode the ferry to the city and walked around. There were street performers and street vendors everywhere. We went to the famous Pier 39 and Fisherman's Warf.. too much fun..it was great day and we really enjoyed it. There are some fabulous shops in the city too..

Well, my last day at work is this Friday, the 30th. It will be bittersweet. I am so excited about the move, but I have made some really great friends here. Hopefully we will all stay in touch with each other. :)

We started packing the garage yesterday. I have been working in my old sewing room packing, sorting, organizing,etc. Then we have to tear down the walls and I have paint the whole garage, since we had painted the room green and the rest of the garage is just drywall. It's really ok, I don't mind painting that much.

Well, just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. I have been knitting as much as possible. As I tell everyone, it is my "happy place" and there are many times mom needs her happy place so she doesn't kill anyone!!! :)

So, until next time....26 days to go.......
hugs,
Debi :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You live!!!

Hi! I miss you! Safe travels!

Phyl said...

I am praying for a safe and smooth move:).