Saturday, February 9, 2008

My how time has flown...

Well, it has been a bit since I have written. Sorry things have been crazy around here. After the crushing blow of the Patriots not winning the Super bowl, I had to re-group! It was a fabulous game and as usual, the commercials provided great entertainment!

I have begun knitting some baby things for a new baby in my dh's office. Since noone is sure whether or not it's a boy or a girl, I am going fairly neutral. I have started a sweater out of white baby yarn and time permitting, will add other items.

I have actually started my first pair of socks, on two circular needles!!! I am sooooo proud!!! They are really pretty, when I get a bit further, i will post an in progress picture. The hardest part is working with the thinner yarn. I have to get used to holding on to "air". :O)

We are still planning on leaving California and moving to Virginia in the summer. DH will be going to Alexandria next month to do house hunting and getting acquainted with Coast Guard Headquarters and the area. Hopefully he will find us a house. We would really love to buy our own house, but may end up waiting for a few months to check things out.

Four of my children are out of school next week for "Ski Week". Yes, they do ski in Northern California. My youngest does not have the week off, but on the up side for her, she does get out two weeks earlier than the High School kids. She is happy about this!

Well, that's about all for now. I spend alot of time on Ravelry. You can find me as craftymom5 and feel free to contact me or drop a line. I have joined several groups and am always looking for more. It's amazing the things I have learned and the people I have met.

So, until next time.
Debi :)

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Congrats on starting socks. I love knitting socks, among other things!