Sunday, April 27, 2008

random thoughts

Wow, it's been a bit of a while since I last posted, sorry. Too many things happening and not enough time to digest! I ended up taking a Mental Health Day last Thursday, and did not go to class or do anything around the house....just had to power down. I am a big fan of Mental Health days....
Well, we "officially" own our house now in Woodbridge, VA. The Underwriters have approved and since that is the last hurdle, we are there. Now, we just wait for the closing, May 15 and we are home owners...if my dh and I had our way, we would be on the way there now...we are SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to moving....
Work has been strange. You know the type of customer who brings in their kids, under 3, becuase they have to? Well, I was one of those moms as well, but I honestly don't remember my kids behaving the way kids do now adays. This week we had several moms bring in their under 3 crowd and there were so many that I just wanted to throw out of the store!! They go through and touch EVERYTHING and whine and scream and carry one...what ever happened to the word NO!!!!! When I was younger, much younger, we were not allowed to tough anything with the threat of major punishment!!!! I am not impressed with the younger genteration....
Well, things have been moving right along...my friends are moving, one by one. The other night, I saw Barb for the last time. As much as I do it, it is still hard to say "good by".
Well, that's it for now. Just wanted to make sure that none of you thought I was forgetting you. I will do my best to keep you up dated as to our progress. Life moves pretty fast, you have to be quick to grab hold and get your share...
Until next time...
Debi :)

4 comments:

~Denise~ said...

Hoping life settles down for you soon. Congrats on the home!!! Can't wait for the final word!!

Mary Ann said...

How exciting to have a new house! Congradulations! We lived in Va Beach for 10 years and I loved it! Now we're down here in Florida and I'm loving it! lol

I agree about the kids today! Parents don't know how to say no! They're afraid that their kids won't like them. I won't go into my opion of these people! I raised 9 kids and they knew the meaning of no!

See you in the fingerless glove group on Ravelry! Love your blog!

Krystal said...

Thanks for your comment! That sock is made out of austerman step, I'm not sure what colorway it is off the top of my head, but if you want you can read about it from when I first cast on. http://yarnmafia.blogspot.com/2008/03/pandas-are-new-penguins.html
If that doesn't work, on the sidebar on the main page click where it says "Plain Vanilla socks."

Phyl said...

Congrats on the house! Once you get moved and settled in I imagine things will flow better for you.

I am with you on the way kids behave nowadays...the other nite at Walmart I wanted to smack this little boy in the cart in front of me!