Friday, November 7, 2008

Thoughts on the election of 2008....

So, how many of you voted on Tuesday??? I did a few weeks ago absentee..but boy, the lines were long at the polls all day here in the DC Metro area! Can you believe how wonderful the turnout was? I am so excited to have seen all the younger and first time voters take part in this election. This was an historic election! I did manage to get the Washington Post for Wednesday, the day after, and I have put it away for my children and their children, etc to record that day in history.

As you can imagine, Washington is all a buzz with excitement of the Inauguration. Hotels have already raised their rates and some have even sold out! I am planning on sending a note to my congressman to see if I can get a ticket to the parade or even the actual Inauguration. That would be something to see....I am so close to the city...if only I could get there.....

Well, here's to the new President and his family..may they be blessed with good times and not so many bad....no matter who you voted for, we all need to be one in this new era...I will support my new president...

Take care,
hugs,
Debi :)

No comments: